Sunday, March 9, 2014

Jethro 3 cover

Okay, here it is, without further dithering. I doubt I'll make more changes, I'm already ramping up to work on the cover of Multiverse 1.

Jethro Book 3 No Place Like Home.

I don't have the write up yet, but you can get a lot just from the title. Sorry. I'll work on that when the book is closer to launch.

FAQ:
1: The Asian woman with Black (yes it's black) hair, who is she?
She's someone you've read about in some of the books and short stories...

2: The ghost cat... huh?
That is a young Bastet. (Bast) For more info on her, go read Pirate's Bane.

3: That HUD is cool, is that his suit?
No. That's what Jethro sees with his implants...

4: That thing coming at him... what is it?
That's a smart whip. The tip has a shape metal in it that is responsive to the user's thoughts. It can change into a mace...blade... etc..

5: Where did you make that, did you make it all yourself?
Hardly. I'm getting lazy in my old age. I made the Veraxin and a few minor props. The rest are from Renderosity, ShareCG, Daz3D, and Deviantart. The HUD was made from stamps from um, that Z guy. Z-Design. I almost remade that by hand. Glad I figured out Gimp can import the brushes! :)

And finally,
6: That thing in the left bottom corner... what is it?
That is a drone that squished a Veraxin. The redressed drone is from Daz3D and is someone's version of the drones from the movie Oblivion. The guns and 'face' are facing the left out of view.

For those of you who haven't read the comments, I finished Multiverse 1 and handed it off. I'm catching up on chores and family things... (about to be kidnapped to play Dominant Species again) and then I'm going to spend the next week or so working on the cover to Multiverse 1, dealing with any editing issues that the guys bring up, and deciding on what to write next. I'm debating on Alive, or Bootstrap Colony 2. I'm leaning heavily to Alive since I just did a Bootstrap story for Multiverse 1, along with some Federation shorts...

EDIT: I passed the latest version J3 on to Thomas again (he lost his copy... again) and Jory this morning. We'll see what they say about it. I'd still like to publish NEXT MONTH. :)
Poon and dad talked to me about um... the lady's hair. It is black with red highlights. So, I rendered out another version, (spent all afternoon) and here it is:

Two last things, 1 I'm going insane at Daz with their march madness sale. I've bought most of the cover art material for Multiverse 1, (minus the last piece of the puzzle) as well as material for the covers of my next 6-8 books plus all sorts of other projects. lol Now Renderosity is getting into the act, DinoRaul's dinosaurs have gone on sale again. I'm going to be buying a bunch more for the cover art of Bootstrap Colony 2 Second Chances....
Which leads me to the last thing, since I've been waiting on that last bit to go on sale, I puttered around with editing and then got into writing Bootstrap 2. I'm 76 pages into it, I started Friday the 21st. I was averaging 10 pages a day... but I fell behind today to do edits and the above fix. lol Oh well.

PS:
Little Puff: Maine vrs Firefly: I haven't modeled the Newmann (Maine) Arboth, Nelson, or some of the other classes yet. I'll get to it eventually. lol

34 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. on number 1, I wonder if it is Leondaro's wife? #2 Cool picture of bastet! #3 So now if its Jethro's hud, I am wondering what the lost signal and warning is about and if it is related to the smart whip. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering who the green guys with the freaky glowing eyes and guns are. Are they a new "faction" coming into play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any ETA on the next Wandering Engineer book? Love those books, can't get into the other ones, just love the Admiral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hoped to get it out by the first week of April but it looks like April fools is going to hit early. Everyone is so busy they can't get back to me on the book. (life getting in the way)

      I've been having fun starting the cover of Multiverse 1. I started on one of the easiest parts but of course I had to complicate it. lol I just did Shelby, Cynthia, and Silverfish along with the ships. I'll put them in a future blog post. :)
      Oh! I just got PRI back, (reformatted) so I'll re-upload it sometime tonight or tomorrow. 13 Degrees is next. If you've got an fix, sound off or e-mail me.

      Delete
  4. Interesting cover, still can't work out the woman. You did say she's Asian but she doesn't look Asian. (Red Hair with more of a European Features.) well that's the picture I see, she looks to me more like the Doctor Sandra O'Connell out of Bootstrap Colony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no, NOT red hair! Argth! Seriously, the texture is black, but with the bluish lighting... sigh.

      Doc O'Connell um... longer, wavy red hair. I had a brief image of Dr. Crusher when I thought her up. Hmm... I wonder if I can slip her and Mitch in to the sequel or a cameo mention in that short I did...

      Delete
  5. Good news on Multiverse 1. It will be interesting to see the cover! I am looking forward to the bootstrap short story.

    Any word back from your draft reviewers on J3 yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slowly coming along. Slowly because I keep getting kidnapped...and I'm not buying everything all at once. I'm getting it on sale at this 'March Madness' thing at Daz3d. (and sales on Renderosity) so, I have to wait sometimes.
      I also found out I suck at making terrain. the Bootstrap one... sucks. lol I'm going to go with a canned one.

      Nothing from Gord or Darion, Gord said he'd get back to me LAST weekend, but both fellas are busy. In fact everyone is, Jory said he's been working a lot so he hasn't had time to do Multiverse 1 much. Poon sent me another page of fixes, mostly minor this go. And here poor Tiny Tim is waiting patiently for his turn...lol

      Delete
    2. Still need to hire those bodyguards ;-D. Good for Poon on sending you some changes. Alas for poor Tiny Tim!

      Delete
  6. GRRR! Send the bodyguards to Jory! He needs them! He just e-mailed me, he said his laptop was destroyed in a fight. HDD is totaled. He had just finished editing Multiverse 1 but hadn't uploaded it to me yet! ARGTH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man. Poor Jory! I hope he is ok. I hate to hear he lost his laptop :-{ . I hope he is able to get another one. Also frustrating for you and him that he worked so hard to do multiverse 1 and lost the edits with the laptop. Argh!. Ok.. "Cry Havoc! and let loose the dogs of war!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fine! Lost a lot of data. I punched both of the fools who started the fight square in the face. Lost a lot of notes and my personal book im writing and all of parts 3-8 of in the void. Along with all the backhground from chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your OK Jory. I hate to hear you lost note and work on your book :-{. Dang! Time to recover and rebuild! Like the bionic man. " We can build it better...."

      Delete
    2. Aye! I have alot to rebuild! but it will be better then before!

      Delete
  9. There is option to use data recovery services but i think they are quite expensive. Hopefully in future you remember to backup all critical data to many places. Example of this, i have my thesis work in google drive, usb stick, hard drive and schools hard disk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use the cloud much to back up, only in that I send files to someone my ISP has them on file forever. lol I too use a USB stick but I also use my external HDD.
      I hate back ups, they take forever!
      I'm almost done the cover to Multiverse 1. I need to poke everyone about 13 degrees. I'm going to send it to be reformatted soon... so if you have a bug, sound off and let me know now or forever (I hope) hold your peace... :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah i normally have ha back up but i forgot to make one 3months in a row,,, what a bad IT tech i make XD

      Delete
    3. Forgot to add. the HDD was totaled. i have all of the recovery software and hardware but the Pepsi corroded the contacts inside

      Delete
    4. soak it in 99% iso alcohol for about 1hr then clean lightly with tooth brush put back together you will be good do use it again. Must be 99% though

      Delete
    5. Tryed that already. Shock damage along with liquid damage made it a total loss

      Delete
  10. Any chance of getting a couple of images of Maine and Firefly together, would love to see who the larger of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just did a quick glance on this page, and was very happy when I saw the first few lines, and of course I sort of did not read the 'cover' part :) O'h well, back to waiting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did Gord or Darion ever get back with corrections yet for J3? I am still dreaming of April 1st release. Although I know that is not realistic at this point. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Gord got it back to me. Tim got it turned around fast. I haven't heard back from Darion in a while, another case of life getting in the way. :) Jory, Poon, and Thomas have it now.
      I'm sorry, chalk it up to an early April Fools prank. I wanted to get it out around then too. But definitely Next month sometime.
      I'm almost 90 pages into Bootstrap 2... but argh! Spring break is here! NOOOO! Family time!!!
      Well, I suppose it will be an intervention to get me to stop shopping at Daz and Renderosity. I've been going insane lately, getting stuff for the covers and projects right into 2017. lol

      Delete
  13. great work :)
    and yay for bootstrap 2! I was worried it was going to be a solo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be, I hadn't planned until the end to do much, maybe a prequel or something. But then people nagged me about it. I left enough in it for sequels, prequels, and other stuff fortunately.
      I did a lot of alternate versions of Bootstrap over the years up to and after I wrote it. I'm still playing with those ideas and new ones.
      You can catch a short story (which will act as back story and is one of the alternates) in Multiverse 1 when it comes out.... Hopefully by June. We'll see. Jory just finished with it this morning.

      Delete
    2. Lets hear a big you for you and Jory :-D. Course I am still hoping to see J3 soon.... "I be dreamin' man..."

      Delete
  14. Sorry jess just started J3 myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, it is was it is and maybe we will get mutiverse soon :-D

      Delete
    2. Sleep? Who needs sleep when there's editing afoot?

      Delete
    3. That's right. Proof reading is an honor and really, does a proof reader need a life when they can serve the great Cyberforge? Of course..... myself I am not humble enough for that exalted position....so carry on Darion, Gord, and Jory and all! We rabid fans solute you. (ok... I had to do something. It April fools day).

      Delete
  15. i'm looking forward to some Star Maps as well as images of Starships we've read of so far. It's great to get some sort of perspective it allows your imagination go that much more into what the writer is trying get you to feel about the story.

    Looking forward to the next installment of The Wandering Engineer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep on reading... Reading... and yes, some more reading Darion, Gord, Jory and any proof readers I missed... :)
    o'h, and if you do find some issues, drop a note quicker to Cyberforge rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...