Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Jory

I received an email this morning from Jory's sister stating he was in a bad fall. Apparently Mike was also notified as well.

Jory was involved in a horrible work accident earlier today when he was repairing brick on a 4 story building when the scaffolding system caved in and collapsed to the ground with my brother on it. if that wasn't enough the new brick on the plank landed on him.

He will be unconscious for awhile, possibly permanently because of the damage to his head. He is currently in Intensive care for trauma.


An update:

As an update.  He is out of surgery for the damage to the back of his head. The surgery was a success and they had awoken him useing medication to gauge how much was lost and at this point they believe he will not suffer from any lasting brain damage. Now that the critical injuries have been treated they will work on mending both broken legs and his broken right arm. He is currently in a medically induced coma but can be awoken easily. 

My hopes and prayers go out to him and his family in this trying time. Hopefully he will pull through.

3 comments:

  1. I hope he recovers fully and suffers no complications. May our prayers and hopefully full insurance coverage be with him.


    ...Only I hope was repairing Brick and not "he was repairing prick on a 4 story building" because that is not a job I would want to have or know existing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too hope he's covered. He should be by workman's comp or something.

      Yes it was repairing brick. Emily had a typo and I didn't catch it when I copy/pasted.

      Delete
  2. You probably already heard but I thought I would re-post this here from facebook:

    From Jory Gray: Hey peeps! Well where to start. I woke up late last night and have been such a pain in the ass the docs gave me my phone back( un hooking wires sure creates a panic) um. Ill survive of course but I cant walk as I have multiple broken/splintered bones in both legs and my right arm (dominant) is destroyed at the elbo and shoulder but they will attempt to fix it, good news is my fingers work but how my arm is positioned its not helpful. Well im tired and have glorious liquid food to consume. Latter

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Expanding Horizons is publishing now!

 So, I just launched Expanding Horizons: About:   The Federation was reborn in the desperate fight to stop the pirates. Over the years the...