Thursday, April 6, 2017

Waking the Sleeping Giant

Okay, here is the cover first off. I've been sitting on it long enough:
   The ships are from CGtrader.com this time. I modified them only slightly. For the record, that is a Tauren warship taking a torpedo strike from the fighters and bombers you see. It was an interesting scene to make. I was even tempted to animate it again.

  BTW: I got the manuscript back from Rea Monday. I've been so wrapped up in other things I haven't made much progress finishing adding the remaining front/back matter. That is very unusual for me I admit. For that matter I've got a specific Court-Martial scene in mind for the sneak peak... but it is only partially written!

 Speaking of CM, a sitrep: Okay, now that things are relatively back to normal (As normal as it gets here, though my landlord is still coming around daily to paint and make messes) I've been getting into writing Court-Martial. 3 out of order chapters in act I have been completed as of today, however I hit a snag a moment ago. Upon review I realized I goofed up the first 2-3 chapters and now I need to do a bit of a rewrite, so I'm in a funk/fudge about that.

   In other news, I made some print project progress. The T-Rex skeleton (all 27 inches!) I've judged complete and I've put it away for now. I'll try to remember to get a photo sometime, though I admit, my phone is acting up. I've also called Tychus and Raynor done, though I need to mount them to the stand I printed and painted. I still need to finish Lieutenant Morales and paint her and the quinjet, anthro cat, and others as well.
1 printer is idle, but the other has been taken over with projects for dad. lol. He's run out of room in the curio cabinet and has asked me to print truss shelves like I did for my Zoids and print projects. I've been doing that all week.
   FYI: I have not gotten around to the Jethro figures yet either. That is going to require me learning to airbrush, and taking the time to do it. Not to mention space to do it in. We're still working on that.

I'll keep you posted when Waking the Sleeping Giant is off to Goodlifeguide and when I expect to get it back. I'd like to publish by Easter, but it isn't all up to me, and the longer I take to get it to her, the less chance it will happen I admit.
The next blog posts will be snippets from that book. :)



3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to CM -- among many things I can claim is that I was a JAG too...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? So, I can pick your brain?

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...