Monday, February 11, 2019

SMT and sitrep

  So, I finished the first draft of Shiver Me Timbers on Friday and sent it to the first 3 betas. I'm getting a trickle of feedback back, hopefully I'll get more soon so I can send it on to Jory and the others who are patiently waiting. :)

  I'm struggling with the cover art, going back and forth with Wayne over it. I've got 4 different ideas in mind (3 from me, 1 from him) and we've discarded 1 after a failed attempt. I'm a bit annoyed, I've only run into this problem once.
I'm currently looking into the other 3 ideas and we'll see where they take me.

  I've had a bit of a stressful morning but I'm cooling off now. I decided to pull my camera out to post some more pics of the dioramas. I got the camera for Christmas after everyone complained about my pics. lol

Here are some better pics of the StarCraft diorama:



The lights are on but you can't really see the crystals glowing in daylight.
Next up, Jethro's squad and the ID-10 droid:

I had originally intended to make that ID-10 fly. I worked on a way to add a quad copter internally for weeks. (I saw a mini flying scout droid from Empire on youtube) Anyway, the PLA was so warped and I had only a vague idea about how to do the job so I gave up and just glued most of it together. I left the lid loose so I can go back and add lights if I ever want to do so. (the legs are so brittle I don't want to touch it so I doubt it)
The higher resolution really shows off some of the flaws. :P

I was going to post another pic of a droid but I'll wait. :) I should go dig up Jethro in his dress uniform but I'll save it for another time since the camera is charging.

That's it for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Uneasy Truce has published!

  About:  The war with the Tauren Confederation has come to a screeching halt with the destruction of the Tauren fleets and the arrival of...