Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Fusion Furnace

So, I sorta fell off the wagon as far as snippets are concerned, sorry about that. :)

Anyway, the topic of this post is the Fusion Furnace. What's that you ask? Well, I'm glad you did.
It is this little doo-dad right here:
Yup, that is a screengrab from Star Wars Empire Strike's Back.
That not so little gizmo is a portable generator Luke uses to recharge R2-D2.

I found it on Thingiverse and decided to give it a go.

I ended up going to the maker's blog to see how he assembled it and what extra parts to get.
This morning I glued the last tube on and declared it complete:


The clear tubes do not fit in as well as I'd like. I resized the ends to work with what I have so that's on me.
Yes it lights up. Instead of hand wiring LED's I went the cheap lazy route and bought a string of yellow LEDs and glued them inside. There is a battery pack glued on the bottom.

So, another Star Wars prop completed. :)

...Oh, in other news, I received We the People and will publish it tomorrow... if I don't get interrupted that is!

3 comments:

  1. I like your fusion furnace, very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I already snapped one of the hoses off at the stem, the print orientation made it brittle there. I'll glue it back later.
      It looks neat. I can't wait to get my droid further along and figure out the cable to plug it in. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap Colony 5 Snippet 3

 A happy early Mothers Day to all of the ladies out there! Chapter 3   Outback, Bootstrap Colony   A team of scientists sat on t...