Monday, November 17, 2014

To Touch the Stars Publishing... NOW

That's right, GoodlifeGuide got me TTTS back early and I just finished uploading it. I had intended for the book to come out 18 days ago, sorry about the wait.
Description:
     Decades after Mario and Luigi Irons led mankind to settle the red planet a new family began to take center stage. Jack Lagroose, his wife Aurelia, his friends and family, and others like him work together and sometimes against each other as they try to bring mankind kicking and screaming to the stars. Love, heartbreak, loss, genetic engineering, starships, AI, sabotage, terraforming, and all sorts of other things are tucked into mankind's past, present, and future.

And right under Jack's nose an evil lurks and waits for it's chance to rise and take center stage...

Yup, yanked that from my blog post with a few tweaks. It works.

The history of the Neos, starships, all sorts of stuff are in that book. It is also a framework for a dozen short stories I have in my files...


I will post the links when they go live. Most likely by late tonight or early tomorrow.
EDIT: LIVE ON AMAZON:
http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Stars-Founding-Federation-Book-ebook/dp/B00PRA4HI4/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416289547&sr=1-13

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/to-touch-the-stars-chris-hechtl/1120792407?ean=2940150642133&itm=1&usri=2940150642133

   In other news, I finished act 2 and I am waist deep in act 3 of Ghosts of the Past. I am also dealing with various edits from some of the betas who have read act 1. I am hoping to finish the rough draft this week but people around me are getting sick again so... :P

Oh! A welcome to Joshua Lyons into the beta group. He's working with Jory and minion Mike to clean some stuff up while pitching ideas at me. And yes, btw, I did get the ship name ideas and the name ideas for the admiral's steward. Thank You to all of you who participated.


13 comments:

  1. It is out on Amazon. You do have to search for it. It is not currently on Chris author page. And as much as I love to read Chris book it is not in my recomended to read book from Amazon. ( Stupid Amazon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted the link and updated my Author page.
      Amazon is sluggish when a book first comes out. B&N are worse. But it'll be out eventually once they process it.
      Have fun reading it!

      Delete
  2. Been reading the book and so far so good but I did notice something that might need fixed. I think you have sororities and fraternaties mixed up. Sororities girls go too the frat houses are for guys =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... maybe things get blurred and coed in the future? :)

      Delete
  3. How does one become a beta reader for you and is there a spot open? I've read all of the series up to now many times each and absolutely love the universe you've created

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually check people out through email. You can talk to Jory and minion mike on the FB group too. They'll then recommend a person to me if they feel the person is up to the task.
      You have to be able to get the manuscript back to me in a couple of weeks and with a bit more than a yeah, it's good. :P The betas look for holes in the plot, wrong names, etc (for instance Darion just pointed out I had major gustov calling a lieutenant ma'am. oops). I let Goodlife take care of the grammar and stuff now.

      Delete
  4. So, just being curious here. Is Kathy's world named after who I think in TTTS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm....

      I just finished the 1st rough draft of GP yesterday by the way. I'm working on the edits Darion, Jory, and Tim have sent me. I have to pull the short story at the end though, the book is pretty big. (over 500 pages)

      Delete
  5. I noticed a few minor errors in ttts and I was not sure how to bring them to your attention you have act three different chapters about two characters apart. what sucking this one LGM terraforming is trying to negotiate a terraforming ship from lagrouse industry's and the company mentions that Icarus has the materials to teraform planets in the rho sector one at that. Everyone thought Icarus was still in route to the gum nebula . just though should bring it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I guess I didn't explain that part right.
      LGM traded what it could do (a skill set with materials) for a ship they wanted. I mentioned that Lagroose was also involved in terraforming Mars and Venus as well as several other places in the solar system several times. They pulled out of the Venus project and the Mars project was taken over mostly by Mars tech and the other corporations based there.
      I goofed and no one caught it. Sorry.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed To Touch The Stars, but was put off by the many references to characters having an "edict" memory. Perhaps you meant an "eidetic" memory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are correct. That is the proper way to say it. I used the slang version I learned. None of the betas or my editor popped on it. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, i cant believe i missed that.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...