Monday, November 3, 2014

Progress report

Okay let's see here...
     I am up to chapter 20 in Ghosts of the Past. That's the 1/2 way point. (right around there) I am going to try something new, send the first act to the betas who are interested in it when I get to chapter 22. Hopefully by Wednesday. 321 pages so far and climbing by my usual 10 a day. :)
I tried this before with Darion and TTTS but it didn't work out so well. Maybe the 2nd time is the charm? We shall see.

     In other news, Jory, Mike, and Brandon have all signed off on TTTS. Thomas, Poon, and Tim are still out standing. (though Tim did finish reading Lewis and Clarke) Darion sent me what he had read so far. Everyone's busy, and it's going to get worse the closer we get to the holidays. One of the other reasons I wanted to get the ball rolling on GP edits now if I want to get it out next month. (which I do)
   I just (seriously, just now) sent Rea TTTS. So, the ball is rolling there. As soon as she gets it back to me (10-14 days if not sooner) I'll take care of any edits she has for me to resolve, see if the out standing guys have input, then send it off to Goodlife for the final format. I am hoping to get it out the week before Thanksgiving if not sooner. I am not sure. It is 420+ pages long so far. I still haven't added the appendix, TOC, and other stuff...
 
To Touch the Stars tells the story of Jack Lagroose, his wife Aurelia, his friends and family, and others like him as they try to bring mankind kicking and screaming to the stars. Love, heartbreak, loss, genetic engineering, starships, AI, sabotage, terraforming, and all sorts of other things are tucked in there. 
And right under Jack's nose an evil lurks and waits for it's chance to rise and take center stage...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Oh, I cleaned up the cover to First Steps after Rea sent me back the manuscript. (It's been reformatted by Goodlifeguide.com too) I uploaded them last week, and yes, bumped the price up to compensate for all the pain and suffering in dealing with it. :) Amazon is discounting it for a short time I think....

There are 2 challenges going on at the FB group. Check them out when you have time. And no boys, I am NOT going to get an account no matter how much you keep pestering me about it!

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to call a certain man about a water leak in a bathroom...

7 comments:

  1. haha inside jokes go!

    wow long time since i posted on here o_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayup.
      No Skype either thank you very much. I'm going to farm out the first act of GP tomorrow or tonight btw. If you are free, email me. That goes for the rest of the betas... :)

      Delete
    2. one of these days ill get you on skype/phone call, come on talking with me and mike would be fun! we could talk about sprite and AI children?

      Delete
  2. love your books, cant wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I just got To Touch the Stars back from Rea this afternoon. I've been going over it. I'm going to finish tomorrow, but give the betas 1 more day before I send it off to Goodlifeguide for final formatting. Hopefully it will be out by the 23rd if not sooner.

      Delete
  3. Ah ha, I just figured out why Jory wants you on Skype so bad. He is planning on using subliminal messaging to make you want to write more! Don't fall for it Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL
      Do you fellas know that if I am Skyping with you and others I'm NOT writing? lol I can walk and chew gum, (I've only tripped a half a dozen times) but talk about one thing and type something else is hard to do. lol

      Delete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...