Tuesday, March 24, 2015

And the news is official...

     I had blood work done earlier this month (H1ac was 5.6!!) and I finally got the good news in official capacity.

    I came back from the doctor's elated this morning, he made it official and took me OFF the diabetic list! I am no longer considered diabetic. I have NOT been taking meds for over a year and my H1ac has been 5.7 or below this entire time, which proved my point. He said Pre-diabetic yes, but NOT diabetic. Very cool. I'll take that and keep working on it and other things. :D

     Oh, I've been making some small progress on the Jethro 4 Recruiting Drive cover. I am hoping to get a lot more done tomorrow (maybe, if dad being home doesn't destroy my plans) ... I got the uniform from www.Poseraddict.com this morning, so now I just need to put the pieces together and work on Jethro's fruit salad and other stuff...

      I watched Halo Nightfall last night. It was... meh. I didn't know what to expect. Cool in some small ways, but I wish they'd thrown that money at the Spartan Ops and gone whole hog that way instead. It would have been stellar there, with a lot more scope and room to play.
     I've always wanted to do a 3D movie/game for my books. (for instance Afraid of the Dark was geared for a 3D game) I know some animators use game engines for animation. (Terminator Salvation did it) I'm curious on how well it works and renders time wise. It'd be wicked to play in the Federation universe... or oh, Bootstrap with the aliens and dinosaurs... For now, just a dream. I still can't get around to the wiki or website! lol Still....

      Anyway... I know, daydreaming. :) ... I know I owe another snippet. I'll post it tomorrow or later this evening if I remember.... or send it to Minion Mike first since Jory's busy reading Jethro 4. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming officially non diabetic. I didn't know you could go backwards that way. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told me if I could loose 7% of my body fat and keep my H1ac below 6.4 I would be reclassified as pre-diabetic. Since my H1ac has been 5.6-5.7 without meds for over a year (and I am still eating normally) my endocrinologist agreed with me.

      I was rather stupid about soda, sugar, and chocolate... which is what got me into the mess in the first place. I got to the point where I was drinking 1 and a half LITERS of soda plus a ton of candy and sugar A DAY, saturating my body with sugar. I lost 17 pounds but it was apparently a bad thing since I popped on the blood tests.
      When I got rid of the soda and excess sugar everything returned to normal. So it looks like no permanent damage done. That is a relief. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go hog wild again. But I don't have to listen to the nagging about my eating ice cream or having food with sugar in it. :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations :) What a great change you have done :)
    And gives me a bit on incentive to cut down drastically on my soda and chocolate intake as well..
    Think you would fit in with the Jethro squad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      I got stupid. I've only tried that 1 time years ago. It bit me in the ass this time. Luckily no permanent damage done.

      Jethro's squad: I wish! lol I might weigh up there but not enough of it is muscle! Besides, jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is a young man's game. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats. Getting your body under control can be a long hard trek. Mostly thankless, but it's something you ultimately do for your self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Jethro 4 but before I get in to that...Congrats on the blood work and weight. That's great. I'm an old fart so trust me on this. The sooner you start the easier it is.

    Now, I've been meaning to do this for a while just never got around to it. From Wandering Engineer 1 you've been using some of my all time favorite characters and personalities. I'm old enough to remember watching the show and having to wait a week for the next episode. Some of them may be new to the younger crowd but to me they're old friends.

    Thanks for keeping them out there.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...