Friday, January 29, 2016

Tales of the Federation Reborn 1

Okay, sitrep:
   Mom is doing okay. The surgery went well, though the doc had to take more than we'd hoped. Being half Irish she's pig headed about taking any pain meds. (rolling eyes...so that's where I get that from!) We'll find out about the chemo (if any) sometime this weekend.

   I've been puttering around with the wiki Jory created this week. Minor entries mostly as I figure out what to do. If you have something to contribute to help thicken things up, (that is from my books) by all means, have at it. I'm going to be copying (and updating) entries in my tech manuals and bibles for a while as I try to add 1-2 entries a week.
Try. Heh. Right.

  My write schedule: Mike B. and I think a couple other people have asked me what my writing schedule is like. I've revised it a lot, it is extended into 2021, but I've recently revised it. I'm still going to shoot for 6 books a year, that's 1 every 2 months or so. I'd planned to do another anthology book after Tales of the Federation Reborn to ease into writing again. I've since rethought my priorities. I've pushed J5 back (since the plot needs to be reworked due to changes in the main story line) and I've decided to start Retribution....
   Retribution however is off to a rocky start. I'm having serious brain farts (don't stand downwind!) so I need to see if I shot myself in the foot right out of the gate. If I did at least I can fix it before I get too out of hand. :D

   Anyway, as to the latest book, Tales of the Federation Reborn 1. There are 11 stories in the book including the Bismark Incident, My Darling Caroline, Lone Wolf, El Diablo, Kittyhawk, and others. Loads of stuff tucked away in a couple of the stories... a lot of stuff that will have serious impact in the series soon enough. :D
  The betas (including Tom and Wayne the new guys! Hi!) are doing pretty good, though Thomas B. Needs to stay away (far away!) from adult tricycles...

Anyway, that's it for now. And NO, the 2 people in the cover are NOT wearing monkey masks. It's the closest I could get to a skull mask, okay? lol

EDIT: Sorry for any confusion. This book isn't out yet. It is the next book to be published and will come out by the middle to end of the month.

12 comments:

  1. Chris,

    From what you have written in the post it sounds like you have published Tales of the Federation Reborn. If so neither B&N or Amazon are showing it. Is it still in their "review before posting"? Or are you telling us that this is the next book that will be published?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, sorry for the confusion, it's not out yet. I just sent it to Rea yesterday.
      It is the next book to be published. It has short stories like The Bismark Incident, My Darling Caroline and others.

      Delete
  2. Out of curiosity. The original outlook for the federation time line was showing three books for the xeno war time period. Spark's, inferno, and Ember's. I was wondering if/when we will see the first of these or has your plan had changes that will alter the xeno war books original plan/ release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They keep getting kicked back in my schedule since books prior to Irons time period do not sell well at all.

      Sparks the first of the Ragnarok books has been kicked back to 2017 now.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I am not sure about that. If you focus on the Xeno War from Irons perspective I think you would hook more people than you expect.

      Delete
    3. Hmm, well, I currently have 3 novels planned for the first half of this year, the others have big question marks by them. If things change I might shift priorities around.

      Delete
    4. Well if iorns was in the first and second book until he is lost he could be used as a sort of gateway character and introduce others that will finish the story and fill in his back story. And get a glimpse of the old federation from his perspective.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,

    I have been rereading the entire series instead of the last book or two in part for the book coming out at the end of the month and also because I do it once a year.

    I noticed that in Ghost Station there was a section where Sprite and Irons were talking and Irons goes we don't break security on that. I assume that was in reference to Lemos. (If I am wrong please correct me.)

    But at the end when Irons is leaving the system he was thinking about going to Pandora. Was that another reference to Lemos? Or was it a reference to Bek? Or something else you have cooking away for several books (like you did with Lemos)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      I noticed that question when I snuck in to the fan group.
      There are several Pandora references. 1 is yes Lemnos. Another was Bek. There are more in other sectors I'll get to eventually.
      Pandora refers to a lot of stuff. Like the original reference (don't open that! Bad!) to what is hidden. There are other terms I'll probably cook up and use too.

      Delete
    2. Okay it is just another author I read is known for putting in something that looks like it is just there for decoration/color/flesh out the scene/seems obvious what it refers to but turns out to be something completely different, that later turns out to be very important. Though usually not for a couple of books later. I had wonder if this was the same kind of thing.

      Delete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...