Thursday, March 31, 2016

Shhh... be very vewry quiet...


Great time for new post. Dying to hear what is up with the new book

Ask and ye shall receive. ...Eventually. ;)


  Lol it seems like Elmer Fudd has been keeping the betas and everyone at bay for a while. Well, FYI, I finished the first rough draft of Retribution the other day. Spell check and stuff, my own edits... I'm about ready to hand it over to the betas.

  I'm debating the cover art, as well as my rather lengthy To-Do list I put off until I finish a book.  Let's see, I need to work on the Wiki, the website with Tom, the character art, ships, that SPACE ENGINEERS game Jory has started in the Engineer Universe... (check it out!)
Let's see, what else... get my books on Smashwords... Fix the stuff Amazon and others have nagged me about for Pirates Rage and Battle Lines...
Chores...clean the shower... and oven...(UGH!) :P

   I think I'm regretting finishing the book now! lol Unfortunately I'm up in the air on what to work on next since Tales of the Federation has bombed. (a few reviews might help folks!) Hmm...

10 comments:

  1. What exactly do you mean by "Tales of the Federation has bombed"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short story books do not sell well, I'm re-learning that the hard way. I sold 418 copies of Tales last month. If a new book is good I usually sell that every week for a month or 2.

      That is a bit disappointing since I planned to do 3 short story books this year, with 1 up next that has already been started. (Founding stories) It sets the stage for the First Terran A.I. War I was planning to write after that. Then Multiverse 3 (with a PRI and bootstrap story) and then around the holidays, another one.

      Now I need to rethink my writing schedule.

      On a side note: I HATE MOP AND GLOW! ARGTH! Stupid film and crap! GRR argth!

      Delete
    2. I liked the book, but my only problem was the constant retelling of the Epsilon Triangula system.
      There was way too many of those stories. Other than that it was good.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. You can rehash a story about the same incident only so many times. Everything was well written, but the ET stories got repetitive

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I personally like it but i think that the timing was of a bit of, maybe was better before Pirates Rage.
    How are the founding stories doing ? Hope you won't stop with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Okay...
      I have 1 that is done but needs a rewrite. I wrote it years ago, before To Touch the Stars and AI War so there have been some changes. A few of the others are in full outline or partially written. That was why I was considering hitting the short stories next.

      I won't pick the next book for another week or so. I just started the cover to Retribution. I was considering a double bridge shot but we'll see. :)

      Delete
  3. Over all I really liked the book. There were just huge numbers of Oh Crap moments in the book. I really got a chill while reading "The Score". God that could have been BAD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do you expect Retribution to be put up on amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know at this point. I was shooting for the end of this month. It just got into the editing process though. I try to give each of the Betas at least 4-7 days. My editor takes 7-10 business days, and the formatter the same. It might be mid May by the time all is said and done.

      Delete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...