Thursday, May 18, 2017

Court-Martial cover

Sitrep: Well, as the betas know, I finished CM Saturday evening past. I'm waiting on feedback from the first line of betas before I pass it on to the next. Some are champing at the bit for it.

   In the meantime, I went ahead and did the cover art. The set is from Renderosity.com. I created the characters in Daz3D. (some you can't see due to the camera angle) I even kludged together a T'clock out of Genesis geografts and stuff from Daz I've bought over the years.
Yes, there are 3 judges. It's a Federation thing. There are 9 members of the jury, 1 you can't see since the Commander is rising to his feet.
 
Yes that is the Federation flag. It has a light spectrum with a black box with an image of the Milky Way in 1 corner. It is reminiscent of the American flag and well, others, not to name names. My intent was to have the light spectrum be a common thing for all species. (though a few species might not see in visible light at all) I considered adding a hydrogen and carbon molecule, but I thought it would be too busy.
 
   I am debating on doing a series of character portraits for the Wiki. Considering almost everyone is wearing the same uniform complete with the same fruit salad, I don't think that would work. (and I'm too lazy to change them currently)

  I have to admit, it feels weird not writing. I poked around with corrections to CM and then some minor things with TGS this morning, but I didn't do much beyond add a couple scene ideas and a snatch or 2 of dialog for TGS. I'm supposed to be catching up on some projects, stuff I've put off since I wanted to focus on CM. (the figures I printed for instance, plus my animatronic project, and my StarCraft Diorama, etc) So far I've just worked on the Tibbers and Annie one. I'm clear coating them now while printing a new better version I found on Myprintfactory. (Grr)
  I think I've got a case of the 'can't help its'. I need to shake it, starting tomorrow the temperature is going to soar into the high 90's and make it uncomfortable here. It might be a case of too much to do with the various projects, and a 'I don't know where to start, dang that's a lot of work' thing going on. Lol
  I have to admit, trying to learn how to use the airbrush has me a bit spooked. I've wanted to do it for decades, but now that I've got one... of course, I don't even know if it will work since my nephew ever so helpfully had to 'look at it' with a couple of 'oops!' in the process. Sigh.

And no, I'm not diving into TGS fully yet. >:P

5 comments:

  1. I am surprised no one has commented on this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I guess everyone's busy? BTW I will be sending CM to Rea this weekend or Tuesday. Hopefully we'll be seeing it published by the middle of June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I have forgotten what dose TGS stand for again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TGS is the abbreviation of The Gathering Storm. It is the next book in the New Federation series.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...