Friday, August 4, 2017

The Gathering Storm cover

First up, the usual sitrep:
  So, I finished TGS last weekend. It's been in the hands of the first 4 betas. We'll see who gets met their final notes first. :)

  In other news, I've finished painting the Jethro figures. (the ones with him in uniform) I need to print a new base for 1, I forgot I didn't have one. I've been fiddling with my Da Vinci Pro all morning trying to get it to print it. (Grr) No joy. I'll try again later.
  As soon as I get them each mounted on a base I'll take some pictures and post them. :)

  I've been puttering around with other projects and generally decompressing a little all week. Well, that and working on the cover art. Speaking of which:
Here it is.
  That's Irons stepping off the shuttle. If you look closely I got lazy and used a lot of the figures from my various book covers. Can you spot them all? There are figures from 6 different book covers plus that corridor picture there. 1 of the figures has been on 3 covers including this one. The Admiral Irons one was reposed and slightly modified, so he doesn't quite count. :)

  The shuttle is mine, (The Last Round Up) though I replaced the wings with a pair from Renderosity. RJ001's I believe. I also grabbed the background buildings from 2 of his kits I bought.
The various airport vehicles are free from Renderosity. They are by Brane Premk aka BS2001. The crowd control barriers are from Daz. The figures are a mix of characters, outfits, and Powerage's billboards from Renderosity and Daz3d.
  The ships are my Newmann class BC's plus a Tauren BC I built out of stuff from CGTrader for the cover of The First Terran Interstellar War, and a stock DN from Grafbox. The Nelson and Fletcher class destroyers I kitbashed out of Rj001's kits I bought.

Edit: Here is the first pic of the Jethro figures painted:

  Sorry about how dark it is. The pics I took in the kitchen are worse even with all 3 lights on. I'll try again some other time.
  As you can see, painted. I printed his fruit salad and rank and glued them on as decals. The bases are from Thingyverse, just painted and scaled differently.
  Also, in the background is a diorama for my nephew's birthday gift and you can just see Sergei's head on the far right. lol



Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks... for now! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great news, and now the snippets please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait. Thank you for your time and effort. This post was longer and filled with more praise for your work the first two times that I wrote it...and somehow managed to delete them. So this what your (Hopefully) getting. Now I'm going to bed before I trip and drown myself in a glass of water or something.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...