Sunday, December 16, 2018

Tradition preserved!

YES!
  Okay, let me back up. Some of you know I've got a wicked sense of humor from time to time. Well, my sister has been complaining that we've let our traditions slip as time has moved on.
Well, I started one 6 years ago. I trick people, namely her, into wrapping their own gift without them knowing it. (I will also wrap gifts right under someone's nose)
I've gotten dad and both of my nephews. I've gotten my sister twice. I'm good at magical swaps, even having her... well, I can't tell you all my secrets!
   This year I thought I was out of luck, she was mocking me because she'd gotten her gifts delivered to her house and had wrapped them. (usually they come here to keep her nosy crew contained) Well, she'd forgotten that she'd had me order her father-in-law's gift. So, when she came over, I had a package ready to wrap...
...And yeah, she fell for it.
Lol
  The dirty exasperated look she gave me when I showed held up the custom shirts she thought she'd been wrapping and smirked at her was worth it. That and the rolling eyes and chuckles from her son.

Tradition preserved sis! You asked for it!

I'm also known for gag gifts. Last year I had quite a few fun reactions. This year I went all out. I'm shooting for at least:
1 shriek of indignation
1 knee slap laugh
1 thing thrown at me, preferably paper.
1 shriek of "Really?!?"
and 1 or more death threats around the lines of: "I'm gonna kill him. Seriously!"
Bonus if I can get at least 1 phantom neck wringing and grinding teeth. :)

😁😁😁😁

The gag gifts were a hit last year, just about everyone got a kick out of 1 or more of them. I go for zingers that are under $10. The cheaper the better. The looks I had from people at Walmart when they saw the cart load of stuff... it was fun! I hope everyone else is having as much fun shopping as I am. The look of trepidation when someone gets a gift from me is worth it.

  I'm also going all out with print projects this year. Those are getting out of hand, I'm running out of time. And yes, the reindeer project got put on hold. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...