Thursday, August 23, 2012

Princess Rescue Inc

   I started this book from a series of scene ideas back in 2009. The plot is similiar in some ways to Bootstrap Colony. (adventure by Terrans on an alien world) Unfortunately I threw it together and when I started to get the reviews back in from Bootstrap I tabled the book. I wanted to clean it up and add other perspectives to give it more depth and focus.
   Over time I've gone back, I had the cover art in mind and did that back in 2010 I believe. It took about a month of off and on work to get it sorted out and rendered. I had to make some compromises to get it done.
   Skip ahead to now, I've dusted it off and started to clean it up. I've started by editing the past presence mistakes and some of the easier common mistakes I made, and now I've started fixing the punctuation and caps while adding more scenes and viewpoints. It's hard, I don't want to detract from the story but I don't want to leave it bare either.
   One of my other problems is shifting perspective for me. I mean I'm going from writing about a future dystopia to ... well this. A medieval society built up on an alien world with a homogenous take on the civilizations of Earth prior to that... intergration of alien animals in said society to replace or augment Terran animals that would normally fufill established rolls... and then throw in a war and a group of Terran explorers.
    Let's just say it's interesting. lol

     Anyway, here is the title and an image or two of the alien beasts.
The basilisk:
The Branack, this one is a wild one:
Domesticated Branack:
And finally the Rhino Trike.
That's it for now. I'll post the hexrat and other pics later sometime.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great story. The few adult scenes were fine. You are correct in claiming it need some editing on a couple of places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glocks don't have external safeties. Made me cringe every time I read anything to do with the safety on a Glock.

    Other than that...good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished book two in the series. Outstanding! Now Chris where is book three? That being said the grammar nazi's will pick up on the few transposed him's for a few her's. $#%k'em if they can't read through like the rest of us fans.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...