Sunday, February 17, 2013

Best laid plans of mice and men...

Don't you just hate it when you get into something, plan it out, and then something unexpected hits you and it all goes to heck?
See, Irons and his officers would say you have multiple plans and anticipate, and adapt. I'm all for that but I'm sidelined by something annoying and out of the blue, my right arm.
I'm not sure how I injured it Tuesday, pulling weeds, push ups, or lifting something heavy, but I did. I so far haven't managed to make a doctor's appointment to figure it out either. (nothing available until the last week of the month)
Fortunately it doesn't seem to be broken, though it felt that way for the first couple of days. A wrist brace my sister loaned me seems to have helped, I'm no longer in constant pain anyway. I'm hoping that by keeping it braced for a couple more days will give my body a bit more time to heal... but it makes it rough to type. sigh.

It's aggravating, I got to 104 pages in Plague Planet and I've been forced to stop. The first 8 chapters of Act 1 are almost finished.

So, I'm puttering around with other projects in order to cope. Interestingly, I came up with another (hopefully final) short story titled 'Hauling Freight' for that short story book. It ties a lot of stuff together, which is cool, and it has ties to the beginning of book 5, near end of Jethro 2, and hints at stuff in book 6. :)
But again, this is where the plan issue comes in, in blocking out this short story it caused a chain reaction of plot point shifts to occur in Jethro 2. lol Not a big pain, I hadn't gotten to those parts yet, but enough to make me rethink a few things there.

I'm going to do a bit of rendering and minor plot clean up the next day or so. Speaking of the former, here's a Zoid image I did the other day.

I am also working off and on on another one, this of my Liger Zero 1.5 model. It's not working out that well though. And for some strange reason it's the first image to set my temperature alarm off! I've got liquid cooling, it's a simple scene... I'm confused! I think I need to do a bit of PC cleaning here too.

I also want to get the Phoenix modeled for the cover art of Plague Planet.

But first, time to rest the arm... again! grrr

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get better soon.

    When will Ghost Station be published?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little better, still can't see the doctor though. Getting an appointment is like pulling teeth apparently.
    Ghost Station has been delayed, the Gamma proof reader has asked for more time. Hopefully he'll hand it back to me by the first or second week of March.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...