Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good news bad news...

Good News Bad news... I hate that routine, but here goes.
In the Good news, I've finally 'finished' the cover to Plague Planet.
 
If you are wondering about the ships... I'm not telling. :D

I am also up to page 133 of 168 in writing the book. Chapters 1-11 are completed. I am hip deep in Chapter 12 right now, which is near the middle of act 2. The epilogue/last chapter are already finished as well, as is part of the climax. Right now the last 30 odd pages are a mix of notes and completed scenes. Mostly notes. Each page of notes can translate to 3-5 pages of finished text so I've still got my work cut out for me, though the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight. lol
I am still on track for getting this done by Mid March.

I also have several more Federation short stories blocked out, 54 in the 4 time periods as of this morning. Several are in various stages of completion.

I also have a doctor's appointment Friday to check out my arm. Yeah, it's still bugging me, though less now. It sometimes hampers my writing ability.

Now for the Bad News.
Unfortunately, I jumped the gun on giving a release date of Ghost Station, it will not be released tomorrow. I am not certain when, hopefully by mid March. It's my fault not Rob's, he's got his hand's full and I guess I got excited about announcing it. Sigh. My bad. Sorry folks. (Yeah yeah, Gibbs, I know, don't say your sorry. :P I'm not you)

Also, a friend of the family was hospitalized Saturday. She was rushed in Saturday night by ambulance. She's going in for emergency Surgery today, they discovered a tumor and they are fairly certain it is cancerous. I spent part of my afternoon helping her daughter clean her kitchen yesterday to lend them a hand since she is going nuts dividing her time between the kids and the hospital. I am keeping my finger's crossed Julie will pull through okay. This is her second round of this form of cancer, but they think they may have caught it in the early stages. Here is hoping anyway, sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris are you going to include a nano ship in one of your books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see what the future brings. I don't want to give too much away. :)
      Blog update coming soon.

      Delete
  2. How will you ensure that the naval base can keep on growing, or at least ensure it can protect it's system? I would presume that the pirates will be wondering what happend with their rather substantial force, and send out a second force not to far into the future.
    Is it possible to send a replicator with some restricted items unlocked for one person?

    Just re-read all books, and half way through Jethro again. Would be lovely to get Ghost station in a day or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check now!
    As to Pyrax, well, you'll have to read Ghost Station and wait for Jethro 2 to come out! lol
    Things start to come together in Jethro 2. :)

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...