Friday, August 7, 2015

Sitrep

Sitrep:
   Rea just got Stepping Stones back to me. I went through it, created the TOC, and then handed it off to Goodlifeguide.com. I should see it back in 10-14 days if not sooner. As soon as I do, I'll publish it. :)

  The gang is back from their cruise vacation. I got a T shirt and their cold. Lucky me. :P

   On top of that my PC woes have gotten worse. I yanked the new memory, but that didn't solve it, so I ordered a new SSD to see if I can clone the old one and fix the problem. If that doesn't work we're talking an entire MB/CPU replacement. That's all that is left in hardware. Windows... I've given up trying different fixes. Other than swapping to Windows 10. I haven't done that yet. I'm almost afraid to since it freezes and crashes doing anything strenuous. (I've come close twice to loosing AI war!)

   Between the two problems, progress on The First AI War has slowed to a crawl. Ugh. I am in act 2 (just barely) and I'm a little bewildered act 1 took up Twenty Seven chapters. Yup, you heard right! That's got me freaked. I've never run that long on a single act before! Yipe!! And I haven't even gotten to the good parts!

   In other news...Lil Red got fixed this week, boy is she crabby now! But better, and eating like a pig. She was extorting ham out of papa while I am writing this. She is still sluggish and slow, but better.
   Oh! I found her niece Smidge literally on Death's door last Friday night. (or at least on my back stoop near death) I didn't recognize her at 10pm when I went out to feed the cats before bed, she was covered in dried mud. She mewed so piteously when I picked her up! Apparently when dad did yard work earlier that morning she freaked and got herself trapped and caked in mud behind the stumps. It was in her ears, eyes, nose... all over. The little red kitten had turned brown! It took 2 baths and a bit of work to get her responding again. I syringe fed her meds, liquids, and food for a while, and kept her warm. She bounced back and turned into a blond.
Here she is after the second bath:

    We dropped her off with Holly at Petsmart Saturday morning after she had 4 helpings of breakfast. Hopefully someone gives her a good home. And yes, I gave them a donation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...