Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Folklore Snippet 4

First up, sitrep:

I forgot to mention yesterday that I lost 3 pounds yesterday. I dunno where, (don't say between the ears!) and I'm pretty sure they'll sneak back when I'm not looking, but I'm grateful they are gone. :)

In other news, no sign of anything from Goodlifeguide. Apparently they are out of state on vacation. Oops?

Kai's Story has been expanded to 96 pages and I just finished act I. I'm doing pretty good but slowing down now. I think the sinus headaches from the wind and my allergies are playing a part there.

And finally, the snippet:

The following is at the beginning of Air Show:

Vice Admiral Phil Subert shook his head as he read the latest report. Thetis was about to receive her last draft of personnel. Once they were on board, the Thetis flotilla had a little bit of replenishment to complete and then they'd be on their way.
He didn't like the idea of sending a force in the opposite direction of the front. Oh, he knew about the political reasons and having a warship cruising the sector would be nice to have on call if it was needed. It still rankled a little to send a precious carrier away from where it needed to be.
But, it wasn't up to him. And, Admiral Irons had a point. They needed to show the flag a bit more.
“Almost finished packing, sir?” Barry asked.
“Why? That eager to get rid of me?”
“No, sir. I was just checking in and making conversation,” the A.I. replied.
“Next time try knocking first and asking about the nonexistent weather or something,” the admiral replied tartly. He shook himself as he realized he was coming on a little more forceful than he intended. “Sorry, I'm still working on that.”
“I believe I caught you at a bad time. My apologies, sir.”
“We were both to blame, Commander. Let's not make a habit of it in the future. What's the ETA on my replacement?”
“Her ship has arrived at the jump point. Two and a half days cruise to the base,” the A.I. reported.
“Understood. I guess I should get to that packing then,” the admiral said with a grunt.
-=@=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...