Thursday, September 6, 2012

Half way...

   YES! There is light at the end of the tunnel. Just a lot of leagues to go before I get back into the light. I hate editing, and combine that with a re-write and you've got a special kind of nightmare for me.
    I'm referring of course to Princess Rescue Inc. I'm adding alternative view points along with cleaning it up. It's slow going, tedious, and yeah hard because I don't want to completely destroy what I've already done or undermine any plot points. The good news is all this work has so far added 60 pages to the book. If that holds true to the end (I doubt it, some of those alternative view points are going to end drastically) it may add another 60. I'll be happy with about 300-350 pages but we'll see.
    This was supposed to be a short book, a throw away one off I spun off originally as a writing exercise that just grew and grew. (Like Afraid of the Dark). An alternative idea to Stargate and Bootstrap Colony all rolled into one messy manuscript.
    Hopefully I can finish it by the middle of the month. I dunno, we'll see. Here's hoping at any rate.
    On another note, my sister's surgery went fine, she's recovering nicely. My nephew's wrist is not broken, and hopefully he'll be a little more careful playing tag at night in the dark. We had him, his brother and two of their friends over for the holiday weekend and they had fun in the pool and playing games. Well,  I had fun playing Mariokart cause I whooped Kam's rear by a whopping single point! Take that you twerp! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

The Roo Collective Snippet 1

 So, it is that time again.    Instead of kicking the Roo book again I decided to take the plunge and go with it. If you are curious, it is ...