Monday, October 8, 2012

Update...

   I've figured out Amazon, and I uploaded the 5th book today.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Chris%20Hechtl&search-alias=books
   Last week I took another look at First Steps and cleaned it up. I didn't add much to it, a dozen pages, but most of that was minor corrections and format corrections. I really should do a re-write but I want to move on.
   This morning I uploaded it, and I while I was at it I uploaded the newly cleaned and reformatted books to B&N as well. With the exception of Bootstrap Colony... that's still a mess. I need to fix that.
    But not today, or tomorrow or this week or next. I'm going to deal with some medical issues and then dive into the Blade Liger conversion project finally. I need to take a much needed break from editing and stuff.
  
   On another note, I started recieving parts for my PC rebuild, I picked up a new case, liquid cooling, DVD burner, and a new Graphics card. Using the DVD burner allowed me to repair my SSD and windows 7, so I'm back to firing on all cylinders.
    I should be getting the new AMD 970DS3 Motherboard, 8 core FX 8150 cpu, and memory around the first of November. :D Then I'm going to have a LOT of fun. lol Well, after I get through the headache of putting it all together and getting Windows reinstalled....

   And of course all the rebates to deal with. Anyone else hate them? Love hate relationship. I've got 2 coming in, and I even paid to have one processed in "5-7 business days" only to find out after I agreed and submitted it that it's actually "2-3 weeks to process once we recieve it." I'm soooo p-oed about that. More at myself for falling for it though.

    Mechmaster's Dalek Comic/graphic novel is winding up to the climax, he may be finishing this it this year. Check it out, he's retooled it:
http://www.mechmaster.co.uk/cg-lair/daleks_page1.htm

3 comments:

  1. oh the joys of a computer rebuild..

    note to self, remove and lock up hammer until end of rebuild...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL
    Yup, pretty much!
    Gigabyte MB is on it's way, I just need the CPU and memory and I can then put the pieces together. I get paid next week and believe me, I'm counting down the days! lol

    Side note: When I modded my current case I didn't have the right tools. I ended up cutting the steel case with a pair of ancient tin snips and a hammer. Needless to say this new case is already set up and I just have to plug everything in. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose if u want to build the PC its the way to go. For anything graphical u should get a Mac. If u are still going to go down the PC road get as much RAM in can pile on the motherboard, no less than 16g.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Uneasy Truce has published!

  About:  The war with the Tauren Confederation has come to a screeching halt with the destruction of the Tauren fleets and the arrival of...