Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dove - Cat wars continue

    For those of you who know me, you know I've been laughing at the antics of a pair of doves and my 2 cats. For some reason these 2 doves love to tease and torment my cats. Both Loki and Baby are indoor cats. There are plenty of outdoor cats outside, but these doves just love to freak my cats out!
    They sit above a window and coo. When one of the cats comes to investigate one or the other will suddenly flutter at the window chee chee cheeing, freaking them out. (and sometimes startle me too!)
    They chase the cats from window to window, door to door, front and back all over my house. Sometimes they do this all day long. They even attack the security doors we have. They will also land and come to dad's sliding glass door to see if the cats are there. If they don't show they will sometimes peck at a window and coo.
   Last week one flew in to land on the tether pole. Then hopped to the swing set, then to the railing around the pool and then creeped, cocking it's head this way. And then carefully the bird crab walked, all the way around to the gate to see if one of the cats was going to come to the window. I wish I'd thought to get my camera at that time, but I was laughing too hard to breathe at the time.
      After getting home from our weekly grocery shopping this morning, we were watching Muscle Car when the birds started up again. Loki had been in my lap at the time. This time I had my phone on me and took these photos.
    They started by fluttering at the windows to get the cat's attention. Then they stopped to sit on the sign hanging in front of the window and peer in.
 

One of the birds has a thing for dad's ferns. He's not thrilled about subletting them out, obviously. lol
In the background you can see one of the birds watching from the railing I mentioned.
I think he's patiently waiting for Loki to get drossy before he flutters at the window. It didn't happen, I opened the door to get a better image and they both left.
And that's just the doves. Don't get me started on the hawk or other birds!
 
 
I think I'm jealous. This is what I look down on as I'm working here on my PC.
 
In other news, I've made some small progress on the Gustav. I'm mixing it up, using some of the stuff that came with the model along with my own ideas. (Cherry picker instead of the elevator for one) I'm looking forward to doing an image or 3 with it when all of it is finished.
 
I'm still pecking at Jethro 2 and the short stories. I did a bit with "The Last Round up", "A Matter of Breeding", and "Barkeep" earlier in the week. I've also been researching a few other things for Jethro 2 that will impact future books.
 
Brandon is still working on Plague Planet, and Mechmaster has made some progress with Princess Rescue... and he's posted an update of his comic! If you ever wondered what Dalek heaven would be like, go check it out.
 
Now, if I can keep my darling pain in the rump sister from getting me to look up arcane ancient TV movies I might get more done! :) (BTW, has anyone seen Stranded with Loni Anderson on DVD? Or Poison Ivy with Michael J Fox? Or Brat Patrol? Or Thunder run? Or... You ruined me life? ...ugh, forget about it...)

2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure the doves just want the next book to come out :-), on that note PP status check? PRI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    I've got an update to that story, I've just been too distracted to post.
    Um, not sure about PRI, I haven't heard from Mechmaster in a while.
    Thomas just sent PP back to me this morning. I'm looking into sending it on to someone else after I look it over and maybe tweak something or other.
    No ETA, sorry. I was hoping both would be out by now too!

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...