Friday, October 18, 2013

BooYa!

YES! YES! I just finished the first rough (I did say rough, emphasis on that) rough first draft of Pirates Bane.

Who's the man? lol
I'm a bit giddy. :)

  Also my hands are sore. 280 pages right now, but I expect that number to go up over 300 after I go through the 8 pages (front and back mind you) of notes I've got, and add some more perspectives to flesh the narrative out a bit. Right now it is mostly from Irons POV. Then I get to do a read through, spell check, another spell check, a fact check, and then I can shoot it to Gord or whoever wants it first. Then I can work on the cover art. (Of which I already have pieces to it)

But... for now I'm done for the evening. Time to celebrate!
 
.... crap. Outa ice cream.  NOOOO!
Grrr... crappity crappity crap crap. Grrr.

3 comments:

  1. Chris: Congrats on finishing FB. I would like to throw my name in the hat to be your first beta for FB , Jethro ,1st to fight , AD,or 13 degree of separation. I have a question to ask. Is Firefly a Heavy Cruiser or a light cruiser? In Fool's Gold, Logan said Firefly was a Resolution class heavy cruiser. That made sense because Firefly had a flag bridge. But later,in a classroom Admiral Irons called Firefly a light cruiser.
    There is a big difference in size and firepower between a heavy and light.
    Poon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, Congrats,, were you able to stay off the Soda? I find mineral water helps.

    By the way, milk products are the real devil. http://www.notmilk.com/d.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poon: PB, It's going to be another week or two before I'm ready to hand it off. Jethro 2, AD, and 13 degrees are all in someone else's hands right now. In fact, I should be getting J2 back shortly. As soon as I do I will make a few minor corrections and then publish it.
    Firefly: Yeah, I goofed that. I had Firefly as an LC when I first blocked out Fools Gold, my ship database, (which is a bit out of date I found while writing PB, I need to fix that) and the other books. I then found out an LC rarely has a flag bridge, and besides, I've got plans for her so I upped it to an HC. Apparently that slipped through. Was it in Fools Gold? I'll fix it.

    John: Milk: lol I'm lactose intolerant (according to the doc) but I love milk (cereal, chocolate milk) and I love ice cream. Since I've had surgery I switched to 1% which is as low as I'm willing to go. Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Covers and AI

 Sitrep: So, I finished a fourth book and it is in the hands of the first of the Betas. If anyone of the Betas wants to input anything on th...