Monday, May 21, 2012

What the future holds 1

       Some people have asked me why it takes so long to write a book. I've released four, but I'm sitting on others. Some are because I can't release them out of order. Some are because I don't have the license to release it. (Terminator Salvation) I wrote to Titan publishing but have yet to hear back from them. Apparently the licensing to the Terminator franchise is up in the air so I have no idea who to submit the story too now.
     But that's the Terminator book. I also have other books I'm sitting on. The problem isn't writing a book, it's the editing, proofing, and such. Even the cover art isn't as hard for me as proofing a book. (Hence my first 3 books and how terrible the grammar is.)
      Currently I am sitting on several books that are in various stages of editing, and one book that is ready for launch. I've even done the cover art for three of them.

Princess Rescue Inc:
    A current one off book similiar to Bootstrap Colony in theme. (Exploration) I thought I was finished with it.... thought it was ready for the second stage of editing but then decided maybe I should add an alternative view point to the book. That's messed me up a bit until I sort it out. Since I'm working on book 4 (Ghost Station) of the Wandering Engineer Series I'm not going to get back to it anytime soon. There is a sneak peak in one of the other up coming books though. Here is the cover art:

Destiny's Choice:
     The third book in the Wandering Engineer series. I finished it in August of 2011 and sent it off to Mechmaster with Jethro goes to War. He managed to finish Jethro (more on that later) and sent it back to me on new years of 2012 but hasn't gotten far on Destiny. He keeps getting swamped with other projects. :)

Jethro's goes to War:
Jethro is a neo pather first seen in Book 2. Jethro goes to War is a short book parelleling book 2 and 3 of the Wandering Engineer. It tells the story of Jethro and his marine comrade in arms as they go through bootcamp and prepare for war. A sequel book is in the pipeline. This book is finished and ready for release.... but I give away too much of the ending of Destiny's Choice in it so I've got to wait on release until Destiny's Choice is out. Grrr...

Afraid of the Dark:
This is a stand alone alien invasion book set in or near our time period. I based it in Socal. Think David Decoveny's Evolution but world wide and more conventional. There is a tidbit in one of the other books. I've finished my editing passes and sent it off to Mechmaster for proofing a month ago.


      My current project is Ghost Station, book 4 of the Wandering Engineer series. I have also started Jethro 2, First to fight. I've had to force myself to put it aside though, it takes place over books 4-6 of the Wandering engineer and sets the stage for the climax of book 6. I've even started the cover art for both books. More on that later.

I also have about 30 other books in various stages of development.  Again, more on them later. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...