Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Progress and plans

     It's warming up here, keeps bouncing up and down but every time it comes back up it doesn't go quite so low the next time the cycle starts over. Grr.

     Memorial day was interesting. My mother wanted to go out for our usual walk after we ate. We went for one inside my sister's housing tract as usual, then came back after 20 minutes. She decided that wasn't long enough so we went out for another... and since she wanted to go in a different direction we got LOST. lol
    I bet we did 4 miles easy. It was interesting. We saw some pretty houses. We went waaaay out, further then we should have. Took us an hour and 40 minutes to find our way back to my sister's house. Surprisingly neither one of us were sore. A little foot sore, but that went away the next morning. She called this morning hinting about doing it again this weekend or on my birthday next week. Or both. Groan!

    It seems like this month and next are the party months. We had Mother's day, Memorial day, and now we've got my Birthday coming up next week..., then Mercede's graduation on the 15's (BBQ party on the 14th) and then Father's day BBQ on that Sunday the 17th. Sigh.
     Then we're going to Sea World sometime the last week of the month. On a Tuesday through Thursday. (they haven't selected a date yet) I am determined to go, despite the threat of the heat, crowds, sun, and high prices. I've wanted to go for years but each time I suggest it they ended up going to Florida. Go figure. Finally everyone's too broke to travel far so we're going to see if anything's changed in San Diego. That has some of the family tripping out, that I am determined to go. If the jaws get any lower I'm going to watch them catch flies. Or stuff something in them. The kids are excited that I'm finally going on a trip with them. lol

      I've been plugging away at Ghost station. I'm up to chapter 14. It's mostly done, I just have a few scenes to turn over and clean up and it will be done and then on to Act II. Just about a third done. Well, a bit more, I've got the last 4-5 chapters already written as well (most of Act III). 223 pages and counting I think. :) Every time I cross a centennial page marker I feel elated.
      I am hoping I will have the rough draft complete by the end of June. If all those parties and activities don't get in the way. I know the kids will want to go swimming and spend the nights soon. Not sure I'm looking forward to that or not. I still haven't gotten in my pool. lol
 
Don't forget to watch Sharkmen tonight on National Geographic! 7pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...