Thursday, July 5, 2012

How much is too much?

    I am back into Ghost Station but I stalled out after adding only 8 pages today. I'm running into instances of notes that are also descriptive passages. I've been talking with Mechmaster about my writing style. I've really erred on turning such passages into dialog over leaving them bare. He did this, this happened, this happened... etc. But Mechmaster has pointed out that detracts from the story... and so does not having something like that in a story and sticking to pure dialog. When I stick to dialog it seems like you are reading a script or transcript, not a book.
    So, my current quandry, how much is too much? And how much is not enough?

  On another subject...  I just recieved an e-mail from a long lost friend. Well, not loong lost, just missing in action for the past couple of months. he's been busy working on his 3D animation thesis project. It's cool. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emVPp9DofSk

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! Spam will not be tolerated!

Bootstrap 5 is Publishing NOW!

 Okay, so, Bootstrap 5 has gone live. About:   Mitch Chambers and his family have been busy dealing with the alien Memes and their growing...